Basic Course Information
- All courses are taught online in an asynchronous (no regular class meetings) format, using the Canvas-based WyoCourses learning management system.
- Fall and Spring courses are taught over an 11-week period, with breaks for Thanksgiving week and Spring Break.
- All courses have been approved as 2-credit courses, based on the semester system, by the University of Wyoming, School of Pharmacy, Curriculum Committee.
- Each course has weekly online multiple choice exams and a comprehensive short answer/essay exam at the end of the course. These are not “go at your own speed” courses.
- There are no textbooks for any of the courses. The learning materials (written monographs, case studies, pre-recorded video lectures) are posted to the WyoCourses website.
- Consistent student participation on the course discussion board is mandatory for the duration of every course.
- Courses are graded as A, B, C, D, F. Plusses and minuses are not used.
- Courses are open to any Professional or Graduate student at any school of college of pharmacy, subject to approval by the student’s home university.
- The tuition for the courses is in the range of $1,400 per course. Any Professional or Graduate student at an ACPE accredited school or college of pharmacy qualifies for a special in-state tuition. Specific tuition rates are determined on an annual basis. For information about the tuition in a particular academic term, contact the admissions office, email@example.com. There is a $50 application fee and a $50 registration fee per course. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
- The instructor for all courses is David Brushwood, RPh, JD. David is a Senior Lecturer at the University of Wyoming, and he is Professor Emeritus at the University of Florida.
The University of Wyoming continues its efforts to comply with state authorization regulations. The Higher Education Act and current state authorization regulations impact the admission of out-of-state students in the University’s distance education programs.